7.21.2010

Confession-- Black Women Dating Outside of Her Race

So because I never dated outside my race I had to do a little research. After researching it says in results of a lot of black women being single today is because they are waiting on that one good "black man". Now we all know we (us sistas) have a slim chance of finding that GOOD black man. Majority of them are locked up, in the process of getting locked up, down low or just plain gay. Now we know I love my black men but us sistas got to give the outside race a chance. We are so stuck in our slavery mentality of blaming the white man or scared of the black men calling us a sell out. Well I say forget the black man calling you a sell out because some of them don't mind selling out themselves!!!

I know it's been told in many black homes “To not bring a white man/woman home". So other than being told that we are sell outs from our black brothers, you may also be a sell out at home. And honestly I was programmed to believe that if I bring a white man home all hell would come loss. It’s when I grew up a little I came to realize MEN are MEN. I heard stories from other black women dating white men (and not just talking about our "white man w/ a little hood in them) and they go through the same issues. So really the moral of this confession is that regardless of the race we should come out of our box and explore a little. We shouldn't be set on one race because what we learned in our culture or the fear of being a "sell out". We as black woman should finally come to our senses and realize our prince charming might not be a black man and we are missing out because of the hope of catching him.


---LISTEN TO THIS---

http://www.oprah.com/oprahradio/Black-Women-Who-Date-White-Men-Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment